Wow.. just learned that physical empaths exists.
I don’t have that, but this does mention emotional empaths, which I do classify myself as, and it’s spot on. (1) 7/7, (2) 6/6 , (3) 6/6
(1) Have I been labelled as too emotional or overly sensitive?
– If a friend is distraught, do I start feeling it too?
– Are my feelings easily hurt?
– Am I emotionally drained by crowds, require time alone to revive?
– Do my nerves get frayed by noise, smells, or excessive talk?
– Do I prefer taking my own car places so that I can leave when I please?
– Do I overeat to cope with emotional stress?
– Am I afraid of becoming engulfed by intimate relationships?
If you answer “yes” to 1-3 of these questions, you’re at least part empath. Responding “yes” to more than 3 indicates that you’ve found your emotional type, which is “the Emotional Empath.” Recognising that you’re an empath is the first step in taking charge of your emotions instead of constantly being overwhelmed by them.
(2) The Empath’s Positive Side (Adapted from Emotional Freedom by Judith Orloff, M.D.)
– You’ve got a big heart, are gifted in helping others.
– Your sensitivity makes you passionate and exquisitely sensual.
– You’re intuitive about people’s thoughts and feelings.
– You’re emotionally responsive, can relate to another’s feelings.
– You’re in touch with your body and emotions.
– You have a palpable sense of spirituality.
(3) The Empath’s Challenging Side
– You’re an emotional sponge, absorbing people’s negativity.
– You’re so sensitive to emotions, you feel like a wire without insulation.
– You’re prone to anxiety, depression, fatigue.
– You may feel hemmed in living in the same space with other people.
– You may have chronic, debilitating physical symptoms.
– You have difficulty setting boundaries with draining people, get run over by them.